You can also ask the following questions
1. How can I know God?
2. How can I discern his voice and feel love for him in my heart?
3. How can I hear God when he speaks to me?
There are many things that we ignore when we pray to God. One of them is that we don’t honor it. We are not intimate with the Holy Spirit. One of the strategies for answering prayers is to honor God our Creator. It is a command that we must obey God. In the book of Exodus 20: 5 God says: You shall not bow down to them, nor serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, who visit the iniquity of parents: the only one who should bow down to any statue or carved idol.
Philippians 2:10: So that every knee of those in heaven, on earth, and under the earth may bow in the name of Jesus.
Come, let us adore and bow down; kneel before the LORD our Maker (Psalm 95: 6).
Proverbs 3: 9: Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your fruits.
From the above verses you will agree with me that the fastest way to receive from God is to honor Him. NO PRAYER CAN BE ANSWERED IF IT DOES NOT HONOR GOD.
Most Christians today do not honor God in the proper way. In most cases, some Christians find it difficult to kneel when seeking the face of the Lord.
When Jesus was praying to his father, he always honored him by bowing down. Luke 22:41: To receive what you ask, honor God; it recognizes its dominance and authority.
– Lord, I thank you that you are the God of elevation in the name of Jesus.
– Holy Spirit, have mercy on me and lift me up in the name of Jesus.
– Raising my head, here I am my life in the name of Jesus.
– Sir, I am not too heavy so that you cannot lift me. Here I am, lift me up and sustain me in life in Jesus name.
– Any power that brings me down in life, family and business be destroyed in the name of Jesus.
– Spirit of rise and fall attacking my elevation, be blind in the name of Jesus.
– Promotion God, promote in my workplace in the name of Jesus.
– The miracle that led Joseph from prison to the palace. I am available for you. Locate me in the name of Jesus.
– The power that promoted Daniel, Shedrach, Mesac and Abednego in a strange land, raise me up in this city in the name of Jesus.
– The power that raised Jesus from the grave and made him sit at the right hand of the Father, now lifts me up in the name of Jesus.
One of the commandments that Jesus gave his disciples was to wait for the promise of the Father and that is the coming of the Holy Spirit and the baptism of the disciples with the Holy Spirit. In obedience, the disciples waited in prayer and unanimously and the spirit of God came upon them as God had promised. Jesus says the same to all of his disciples. You need the Holy Spirit, wait on Him.
Lord Jesus, thank you for your immense love in giving your life for me. The disciples obediently waited while you asked. Help me every day to wait. Holy Spirit I love you. Fill my life like you did with the disciples.
Reasons why you should wait on the Lord for your prayers to be answered
The mistakes we make as children of God every day is that we are always eager to get things done. The word (wait) is not in our Dictionary. Most people don’t like to wait. We often get frustrated waiting at fast food or waiting behind the slow car in the fast lane. We are always in a hurry to get to the next place or the next. The truth is that your prayer will definitely be answered if you wait on the Lord your God. Just trust him, believe it’s done, and wait patiently for the answer.
Sadly, we now carry the hurried mindset in our spiritual life. When we pray to God, we expect an immediate answer. It doesn’t work that way. But while most of us are in a hurry, it seems that God is not usually in a hurry. The Scriptures say that he is slow to do things. It seems like you always have a plan and a purpose for everything.
The problem with waiting is not having all the details. From our perspective, we have everything figured out and we want God to move within our time frame.
But God rarely does things according to our time frame, and because of this, we can easily become discouraged. If we are not careful, we will think that he is indifferent or angry with us.
God always has good reasons to keep us waiting. Waiting is part of life and one of God’s tools for developing people. The Bible is full of stories of people who have to wait on God, such as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Joseph, David, Daniel, Jesus, Paul, and many others.
Waiting on the Lord reveals our true intention
God uses waiting to reveal the best and worst of people, waiting detects the true identity of people. People who do not have good motives will not wait long because they are not interested in the commitment it takes to get something done. They are too interested in profit or short-term success. Say the following sentences with everyone aggressively.
– Lord Jesus, give me the ability and the strength to wait for you in the name of Jesus.
– Lord, anointing to be patient in the promises of God, may it fall on me now in the name of Jesus Christ.
– Lord, change the story of my life, in the name of Jesus
– Every cage in my father’s house, break me and release me, in the name of Jesus.
– The power of God pushes my stubborn Pharaoh into the Red Sea, in the name of Jesus
– No devourer will destroy the fruit of my labor in the name of Jesus.
– Devourers and wasters of fortunes, I command you to leave my life in the name of Jesus.
– Lord, I decree and declare that my blessings from every evil attack are recovered in the name of Jesus Christ.
– Lord, wherever my blessings are hidden or buried, I break them with the Blood of Jesus.