One of the most important ways to control your blood sugar is through your diet and the foods you choose. It is advisable to keep your total calories for the day at a low but healthy level. The foods listed below contain almost no calories and may even end negative because you will burn them for energy. This means that you can enjoy as much of each of these foods as you want …
1. Apples They are nutritious and a cup of sliced apple contains 57 calories and three grams of dietary fiber.
2. Carrots They are mainly orange but are also found in white, purple, yellow and red. They contain high amounts of beta-carotene that is converted into vitamin A; essential for good eyesight. There are only 53 calories in a cup and more than 400% of the daily value for vitamin A.
3. Mushrooms They are often used as a substitute for meat by vegans and vegetarians. One cup contains only 15 calories along with vital nutrients.
4. Tomatoes They are known as one of the most popular vegetables in the world for their flavor and versatility. Tomatoes, which contain lycopene, a beneficial compound, can protect against …
- heart disease, and
4. Strawberries they are delicious, versatile and fashionable. Consuming berries can protect against chronic diseases like heart disease and cancer, with less than 50 calories in a single cup.
5. Spinach it’s packed with minerals and vitamins, including vitamins A and K, plus folic acid. Spinach contains much more protein than many other vegetables of the leafy variety. The digestion of a cup has only seven calories, so it is more likely to be a negative calorie food.
6. Drinks. Water is the best drink since it has no calories. Most herbal teas have little or no calories. A cup of black coffee only has two calories. These are the best liquids to drink, since everything else has more calories, so read the labels if you don’t know.
7. Cucumbers they are often used in salads. They are mostly water, so a half cup of cucumber has only eight calories.
8. Watermelon it is a fruit known for its hydrating capacity. It is loaded with vitamin C and has a certain amount of almost all nutrients. One cup of diced watermelon only has 46 calories.
9. Celery It is widely recognized as one of the best low calorie foods. It is high in water and insoluble fiber, which means it generally passes through your body undigested. A cup of chopped celery only contains 18 calories.
Summary. There are many other foods in this category as well, including …
- Brussels sprouts,
- zucchini and so on.
Among this list of low-calorie or no-calorie foods, there will surely be some that you like. Make the most of instead of eating high-calorie processed foods that don’t help you manage your type 2 diabetes and your overall health.